Please bring to your appointment:
- Your surgical referral provided by your dentist and any x-rays (if applicable).
- A list of medications you are presently taking.
- Your medical and dental insurance cards.
- Completed forms that are available for download below. (Medical history and Implant Consent, if applicable).
- Local Anesthesia: medication is injected into the area to create a “numbing effect.”
- Intravenous Anesthesia: injection of sedative/anesthetic drugs into a vein to produce an altered level of consciousness. Instructions (Create a link to this information, see below)
- Nitrous Oxide: this gas may be utilized to attain a relaxed state, often in combination with one of the other techniques.
Instructions for Intravenous Anesthesia
- Do not eat or drink for 8 hours prior to your surgical visit. Children and diabetics should fast for 6 hours.
- Patient must be accompanied by an adult who will remain in the waiting area throughout the procedure. A parent or legal guardian must accompany minors.
- No tight clothing should be worn and short sleeve shirts only.
- Nail polish, dentures, eye glasses, and contact lenses should be removed.
**Please remember to stop and check-in on the 1st floor of Christie Clinic prior to your appointment.